Elections and voting
Voting is one of the most important ways to affect the city’s decision making. In Finland there are four general nationwide elections:
- Parliamentary elections every four years, 2 April 2023
- Municipal elections every four years, 13 April 2025
- Presidential elections every six years, 28 January 2024
- European elections every five years 9 June 2024
- County elections, 13 April 2025
The city council is chosen by the people and is the legislative body that governs the city. A new council is chosen in every four years at the Municipal elections. The Rauma City Council has 43 members.