Parliamentary Elections 2023
Parliamentary Elections are held in Finland every four years. In Parliamentary Elections, Finnish citizens select 200 Members of Parliament who decide on our common issues.
The Parliamentary Elections of 2023 will be held on Sunday 2 April 2023. The advance voting period in Finland is from 22 to 28 March 2024 and on abroad from 22 to 25 March.
The Parliament of Finland enacts laws, decides the State budget, supervises the activities of authorities subordinated to the Government, and adopts international agreements.
Schedule for the 2023 parliamentary elections
- Date for confirming the number of parliamentary seats in each electoral district: Monday 31 October 2022
- Date for collecting data for the voting register (to determine the municipality in which each person is entitled to vote): Friday 10 February 2023
- Deadline for submitting candidate applications: Tuesday 21 February 2023 by 16.00
- Date for confirming the nomination of candidates: Thursday 2 March 2023
- The voting register becomes legally valid: Tuesday 21 March 2023
- Registration for at-home voting ends: Tuesday 21 March 2023 at 16.00
- Advance voting in Finland: 22–28 March 2023
- Advance voting abroad: 22–25 March 2023
- Confirmation of election results: Wednesday 5 April 2023
Right to vote
Regardless of domicile, every Finnish citizen who has reached the age of 18 not later than on the day of the election is entitled to vote.