Early childhood education fees
An early childhood education fee is a fixed monthly payment. The fee is determined by family size, income and care hours agreed for a child. The early childhood education fees varies between 0 – 295 €/month/child. Early childhood education client fees are legislated according to the Act on Client Fees in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Customer fees (income limit) will change from 1st of March 2023
Information to parents about changes income limits 1.3. 2023
Chart of fees from 1st March 2023
|Gross (brutto) income
|Day care free starting from 28 euros ,
gross (brutto) income limit
|Gross (brutto) income limit
for maximum fee
- The highest fee (the youngest child in the family) is 295 euros /month.
- The fee for the second child is 40 % of the fee for the youngest child, i.e. a maximum of EUR 118 per month.
- The fee for subsequent children is 20 percent of the fee for the youngest child.
- If the family’s joint income is below the income limit, no fee will be charged.
- The minimum fee charged is 28 euros per month.
- The customer fee is calculated by subtracting from the total gross income of the family the minimum income limit according to the size of the family, and from the amount received, the early childhood customer fee is 10.7% .
- A family consists of persons living in a same household with underage children of both adults.
- The fee can be determined as a maximum fee if a guardian has not provided the family income or given the city permission to use income register.
To determine a fee, a family submits an income declaration or gives the city permission to use income register.
The customer fee agreement and income declaration and wage slips if delived are to submit in two weeks after a decision has received to the following address: The City of Rauma, Sivistystoimiala Education Division, Varhaiskasvatus / varhaiskasvatusmaksut Early childhood education/income declarations, PL 113, 26101 Rauma, or personally, to the Service Point Pyyrman, Valtakatu 2 A. If the income declaration cannot be submitted in time limit, we ask you kindly to contact our office secretary. The income declaration is not needed if the family agrees to pay the highest fee.
A client has always to make a new income declaration if there is an essential change in a family’s ability to pay. The client fee has to be verified when family conditions related to determining the fee change or early childhood education period changes.
Further information about early childhood education fees and invoicing firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact information for office secretaries of early childhood education: