The Satakunta regional infectious disease prevention team gathered on Thursday 29 July to discuss the Covid-19 situation in the region. The incidence rate has risen greatly and there is a risk of the region going into the spreading stage of the epidemic. The incidence rate for 15.-25.7. is 66,5 in Rauma and 50,6 in Satakunta. Rauma and Satakunta are in the acceleration stage of the epidemic.
To prevent the region from moving into the spreading stage Satakunta will implement tighter recommendations for the region. According to the recommendations everyone over the age of 12 should wear masks in the following circumstances:
- Always in public transport, public indoor spaces and public events including schools, and in situations where avoiding close contacts is difficult.
- Indoors in work communities if multiple people operate in the same space.
- When going to the Covid-19 test and before the results arrive if there is an absolute need to leave home.
- Passengers arriving from risk areas into quarantine and if they must leave their homes during quarantine for any reason.
- Domestic travellers should uphold the recommendations in effect in the destination.
- When working in or visiting hospitals, health care centers or other care facilities.
In addition to the mask recommendations, remote work recommendation is in effect.
Acceleration stage restrictions for restaurants in effect from 31 July onward
On Thursday 29 July the Finnish Government changed the ordinance regarding operations of restaurants in regions in the acceleration stage. According to the new restrictions restaurants are allowed to serve alcohol from 7 AM to 12 PM, and they are allowed to be open from 5 AM to 1 AM. Restaurants which mainly serve alcohol are allowed to operate with 50 percent capacity indoors. Other restaurants are allowed to operate with 75 percent capacity indoors.
There are now capacity limitations on outdoor terraces. The restrictions do not apply to personnel restaurants or take-out services.