Family planning clinic
The family planning clinic aims to promote and maintain sexual health. The clinic’s services are available to those aged up to 30 years old. Women of all ages who have or require a contraceptive implant or an intrauterine device can also access the family planning clinic. Over 30 year olds requiring a routine appointment to renew a contraceptive medication prescription should contact the Healthcare center. Students from all areas (excluding YTHS students) over 25 years have access to the family planning clinic. Women of all ages have access to the family planning clinic for 2 years after childbirth.
Appointments at the family planning clinic are free of charge.
The family planning clinic services include:
- Advice about contraception and individual contraception planning
- investigations, treatment and advice for sexually transmitted diseases in both men and women of all ages.
- Initial investigations for couples suffering from infertility
- Advice, investigations and referral for women of all ages for termination of pregnancy
- Advice and guidance about use of the morning after pill
All pupils in the 8th grade from Rauma schools can visit the family planning clinic with their class. Other student groups can arrange a class visit if needed.