Non-institutional child welfare
Non-institutional child welfare means the support actions for children and families living in their own homes. Support actions are customized individually according to the needs of every family and they are settled in non-institutional client plan. Every child has their own designated social worker.
Support actions are needed if growing conditions risk or do not secure child´s health or development, or if child dangers his/ her health or development with his/her own behavior. Non-institutional support services are always primary, custody – and foster care are last resorts as helping methods.
Non-institutional support activities are, for example:
- support for the clearing of family´s problematic situation
- social worker’s assistance to family
- financial support
- family work
- support person and -family
- care- and therapy services which support the rehabilitation of a child
- peer group action
- family rehabilitation
- vacation- and refreshing actions
- other possible services and assistances which support a child and a family