Report to Child welfare
Anyone can make a child welfare report but several professions and honorary members have statutory obligations to make one. Children or young people can also contact Child welfare by themselves.
When should a notification be given? (E.g. in the following situations)
- child is treated poorly
- small child is late outdoors alone
- child cries continuously
- if it is suspected that child is battered or otherwise treated badly
- child/young person uses intoxicants or is interfered with offences
- child harms him-/herself
How is the report made?
- Notification is made to the city’s social office.
- It can be made by phone, in written form, or by visiting the office personally.
- Because of the sensitivity of the data, it should not be made via e-mail.
- There are existing forms that can be used, but filling them is not pre-requisite for making a notification.
Filled form can be sent to address:
Social office / Child welfare
Or via fax +358 2 823 3278