Vesiluoma is an old timber stable, that has been converted into a basic accommodation facility.
- Vesiluoma is located in Nurmes island, which is the largest island in Rauma archipelago.
- N61°11.797′ E021°22.276′
- By boat taxi services: The contact information of boat taxis.
- By your own boat / canoeing: No pier, a shallow, rocky shore. Notice, that the waters in front of Vesiluoma are very rocky, and going to Vesiluoma by your own boat is not recommended. For boaters, the Pihlus pier is recommended. The distance from Pihlus to Vesiluoma is approximately 3 km along a hiking trail.
Facilities and equipment
- The house: Rough wooden platform for approximately 10 persons. Mattresses available for 6 people, but no bedding. A wood-burning stove. No dishes. Lighting with candles (remember to take your own candles).
- Drinking water needs to be brought.
- Firewood: There is firewood, but cutting the firewood is needed. Axe is available.
- Sauna: Wood-burning sauna stove and a boiler for heating well water. Bathing water needs to be brought from the sea. Poor swimming possibilities.
- Outhouse (toilet).
The renter cleans the cottage and carries the rubbish with them, so the next renters can have a nice time in the area.
Time of hire
Year-round. Max. 2 days/customer.