Industrial and special waste requires a more detailed landfill eligibility study before they are placed in the landfill. Out of the survey will remain residual and equivalent wastes.
The most typical wastes that need clarifications are the specific waste of industry and communities, such as
- special waste from the food industry
- special waste from the paint industry
- special waste from the metal industry
- special waste from the process industry
- ashes of power plants
- settling tanks
Basic definition and testing of waste is done every five years
- The settlement of the landfill eligibility will be initiated by submitting a basic form to Rauma Regional Waste Management Facility. The facility estimates whether more testing is needed. Fill the basic definition form and send it to the waste management facility.
Basic definition of the landfill eligibility (electronic form)
- Where appropriate, a sample is taken from the waste and tested in laboratory. This company will be informed on the basis of the basic definition. The laboratory will issue a landfill certificate after the testing.
- After the test, the landfill eligibility statement is delivered to Rauma regional waste management facility, which will forward it to the environmental authority. The authority issues approval for landfill placement.
- The transportation of specific waste to the Hevossuo waste disposal area can be started. A transfer document is provided for each batch.
Quality of the waste is monitored by the equivalence tests
The waste is accepted on the basis of the basic definition to the landfill, later the test of equivalence to determine whether the waste still complies with the basic definition and the eligibility criteria. Correspondence testing must be carried out whenever the waste process is changed substantially or at least every three years.
Once the landfill status of the waste has been approved on the basis of the basic definition form, it is sufficient for the filling-in of the form to be equivalent for the purpose if the waste process has remained the same.