Hazardous waste includes substances that, even in small quantities have the potential to harm human health and the environment. Hazardous waste must never be mixed with other wastes. You should always return all explosives, fireworks and emergency flares to the place where you bought them or hand them over to the police. All medicines and mercury-in-glass thermometers should be returned to a pharmacy.
Private individuals can dispose of their hazardous waste free of charge (as an exception pressure treated wood/impregnated wood) at the Hevossuo Waste Treatment Centre. We ask that you return items in their original packaging whenever possible. If you no longer have the packaging, please label your waste clearly.
Hazardous wastes are delivered to Ekokem Oy for disposal. Pressure impregnated woods will be delivered to Demolite Oy for recycling.
- waste oil and oily waste
- batteries / accumulator fluids
- paints, adhesives, varnishes, solvents
- pesticides and plant protection products
- impregnating substances and wood preservatives
- brake and clutch liquids, antifreezes
- fluorescent lamps and energy-saving lamps
- batteries and rechargeable battery cells
- pressude treated wood/impregnated wood (chargeable)
- full or partially discharged aerosol bottles
- incandescent and halogen bulbs, fuses
- toner and ink cartridges
- smoke detector
- cassettes, video tapes, computer discs