The design and construction of the Uotila Wooden School and Day Care Centre is provisionally planned to take place between 2023 and 2026 as follows:
- Procurement 4-11/2023
- Development phase 12/2023-2/2024
- Construction phase 3/2024-12/2025
- Commissioning 12/2025
A public information session on the project will be organised in September-October 2023.
The City of Rauma will put the design and implementation of the project out to tender through a negotiated procedure. The project will be implemented as a collaborative PPA contract. In the case of a full responsibility construction model, the contractor is responsible for the design and implementation of the entire construction project.
- The decision to build the school and kindergarten as a wooden building was taken by the council in 2019.
- The needs assessment was completed in late 2021.
- The project plan was completed in late 2022.
- The project plan was approved by the City Council in spring 2023.
According to the decision of the Rauma City Government of 6 February 2023, the City of Rauma will allocate EUR 24.3 million for the implementation of the project based on the approved project plan.