This statement was prepared on 17 September 2020.
It was last reviewed on 17 September 2020.
The City of Rauma launched its online services on 19 December 2016.
This accessibility statement describes how rauma.fi online services comply with the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019, describes any defects in the websites’ accessibility, and how you can provide us feedback on accessibility issues. The observations listed in this accessibility statement are based on a third-party evaluation of how well these online services comply with legal requirements.
This statement applies to the website of the City of Rauma and the following separate or campaign websites that have been published on the same platform:
The online services are run by the communication and marketing services of the City of Rauma. The websites were created by Valu Digital Oy. Accessibility is regularly evaluated with the SiteImprove tool.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use our digital services. Accessibility is always taken into consideration in the development of our digital services.
How accessible are the websites?
This website partly fulfils levels A and AA of legal requirements (WCAG criteria 2.1). Some parts of these online services are not fully accessible, as described below.
Did you notice any accessibility problems?
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of these online services. If you find any problems not listed on this page, please contact us so that we can do our best to address the issue. We aim to provide an answer within a week. The law requires service providers to respond within 14 days.
You can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland supervises the implementation of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with the response, or you receive no response within two weeks, you can provide feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The Agency’s accessibility requirements website (saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi) explains in detail how you can lodge a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Detailed information on technical accessibility
Our online services are not fully accessible at this moment.
Content or functionalities that are not fully accessible yet
- Some content has been incorrectly labelled as headings while some headings are not correctly programmatically determined as headings. In addition, the materials contain empty headings, i.e. headings without content. (WCAG 2.4.6)
- The online services contain ambiguous link texts. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The websites contain images without text alternatives. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The online services use some website function and management instructions that rely solely on visual presentation. (WCAG 1.3.3)
- The websites use colour combinations that do not have a sufficient contrast ratio. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The keyboard pointer is not visible or is not visible enough around components. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- The websites’ navigation is not fully consistent. (WCAG 3.2.3)
- The websites contain user interface components that are not organised into a meaningful reading sequence. In addition, there are elements where the keyboard pointer does not focus at all. (WCAG 1.3.2, 2.4.3)
- There are multiple issues with the accessibility of the forms in the online service. Using a screen reader or keyboard commands to utilise some form functionalities is either challenging or in some cases impossible. The language used in form buttons is not always comprehensible. Not all required form fields can be detected by a screen reader. (WCAG 3.2.4, 3.3.1, 3.3.2, 3.3.3)
- The human language has not been programmatically determined for all parts of the websites. (WCAG 3.1.2)
- There are defects in the online service’s semantic structure. Tables have not been created appropriately. (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
- Not all of the websites’ content is operable through a keyboard interface. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- User interface components and forms cannot be programmatically understood. For instance, not all names of the buttons or other user interface elements can be detected by a screen reader. Not all messages can be detected or read programmatically. (WCAG 3.3.2, 4.1.2, 4.1.3)
An effort will be made to rectify these problems by 30 November 2020.
- Images and material added to the event calendar by citizens are may not be accessible. (WCAG 1.1.1)
Certain content is excluded from the requirements
These online services contain videos that are not accessible. They do not have an audio description. Under the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019, video content published before 23 September 2020 need not be made accessible retroactively or taken down.
The digital services or websites that we provide an external link to are the sole responsibility of their service providers and their accessibility has been described in their own accessibility statements.