I was not able to pay for the course when I registered for it. How do I pay?

You can pay the course fee via online banking or ePassi when you enrol. If payment cannot be made at the time of enrolment, you will receive an invoice at home once the course has started.

I would like to pay the course fee with a cultural voucher, how can I do that?

You can pay the course fee by ePassi at the time of enrolment. If you want to use another cultural voucher, do not pay the invoice at the time of enrolment but instead wait for the invoice to be sent to your home. At Pyyrmanni (address Valtakatu 2A, 26100 Rauma) you can pay the bill with ePassi, Smartum, Edenred or Eazybreak vouchers.

The course fee is high and I need more time to pay. What should I do?

Please contact the office of the RAEC to arrange a payment period.

Why does the Rauma Adult Education Centre (RAEC) need my personal identity number?

Your ID number is needed to identify you as a student, for billing and for insurance purposes.

I don’t want to attend the course anymore. Will the course fee be refunded to me?

The course fee will only be refunded if the course is cancelled. If a course is cancelled due to a reduction in the number of students or if the student decides not to attend the course anymore, the remaining course fee will not be refunded.

How do I contact the teacher?

The contact details of the administrative staff and teachers can be found in the Rauma Adult Education Centre’’s study guide and on the website. Some teachers will share their contact details during classes. Otherwise, you can contact the RAEC on tel. 044 793 4515 or kansalaisopisto@rauma.fi.

I’m ill and can’t attend the course this week. What should I do?

You do not need to report an individual absence to the RAEC office or the course teacher. However, for individual teaching, absences should always be reported to the office or the teacher. The office is not open on weekends. If you fall ill, e.g. before the start of a weekend course, please send an e-mail to kansalaisopisto@rauma.fi.

The course has already started, can I still enrol?

Yes, you can enrol as long as there are places available on the course.

I did not receive a message about the start of the course. Will the course start?

No separate messages are sent about the start of the courses. If your course is cancelled or interrupted, you will be notified via SMS and email.

Can I change my course in the middle of the season?

You can, if there is room in the new group. If the course fee is higher in the new group, you will pay the price differential with a new invoice.

Can my friend participate instead of me?

No, the places on a course are personal.

When will the construction of Karin kampus be completed? Will all Rauma AEC courses move to the kampus?

According to current information, Karin kampus will be completed in autumn 2024. Some courses will move to the kampus. However, we will still offer courses in various locations around the town.

How can I give feedback/submit a course request?

You can give feedback by sending an email to kansalaisopisto@rauma.fi or by filling in the feedback form Give Feedback.

How can I become a teacher at Rauma Adult Education Centre (RAEC)?

If you are interested in teaching at the RAEC, please feel free to contact the teacher in charge. Contact details can be found on the website and in the study guide. Please tell us briefly about yourself, your work and educational experience, your strengths and what kind of courses you could teach. Planning for the new academic year starts in March, when most teachers are recruited. Most of our courses are held in the evenings, and weekend courses are also possible. You can offer us a course for the whole school year or for a shorter period.

Can I participate in all courses or do I need to have previous studies or experience?

The content of the course and who it is suitable for are indicated in the course description. Some courses are suitable for beginners and others require some earlier experience.

Is there an age limit for the courses?

The RAEC is an adult education institution, and most of the courses are for adults. The course description will indicate if the course is aimed at children or young people.

Can I get a discount on courses at the RAEC?

The Finnish National Board of Education has granted a voucher subsidy to unemployed people for one course in the autumn and spring semesters. The amount of the grant is half of the course fee. The voucher subsidy has also been granted to pensioners, and is targeted at courses such as Muistikoulu and Juttu-Tupa. For immigrants, the grant is targeted at Finnish language courses.

What is the Rauma Adult Education’s Student Association?

The purpose of the Student Association is to act as a link between the students, teachers and the administration of the RAEC.

Do I purchase the course material myself?

In most cases yes. The course description will indicate if the materials can be purchased from the teacher or if the course is a joint order of materials.

Will I lose my place on the course if I am absent several times?

No, you will not. Your place is reserved for you until you notify the RAEC’s office of your cancellation.

The course seems to be full. Should I enrol anyway?

Of course you should, the situation of the courses is constantly changing. If someone else drops out of the course you are interested in, we will contact the next person on the waiting list. If there is a large number of people on the waiting list, we may also organise an additional group/course with the same content and let the people on the waiting list know about it.