Settling Services

International House Rauma offers support for settling, starting from the beginning. We provide you with information on living, working, studying and leisure opportunities in Rauma. We will guide and advice on what you should consider before and immediately after the move.

International House Rauma contact information.

Logo with text Home for life.

Residence Permit Matters

EU citizens
Non-Eu citizens
Nordic citizens
Finnish Immigration Service
Digital and Population Data Services Agency
Social Insurance Institution of Finland

Studying the Finnish Language

Finland has two official languages, Finnish and Swedish. The vast majority of the population speak Finnish as their mother tongue, and the use of Swedish is concentrated in large cities and on the coast.

We strongly recommend that you learn Finnish or Swedish, even if you do not intend to stay in Finland for the rest of your life. Finns can speak English fairly well, but many workplaces still use Finnish as a working language. Once you learn the language, it will be easier for you to deal with the authorities, run your affairs, get a job and settle in Finland.

Finnish language training for adults is organised, for example, by adult education centres and TE -services.

You might be interested also