Coronavirus-vaccinations began in Rauma in January.
First doses of the Covid-vaccine is offered to children aged 5 to 11 years
Covid-vaccine is offered to children aged 5−11 years. Children’s vaccinations are given at Steniuksenkatu 2, department T0.
The appointments for children can made by calling +358 44 403 2687 on Friday 28 January from 8.30 AM to 1 PM.
The appointments can made also via Citizen portal, rauma.terveytesi.fi.
Children’s guardians must give written permission for the vaccination. On written permission have to be children’s name and personal identity code and also signatures of all guardians. Finnish institute for health and welfare’s form is recommended. Form is on THL’s website, thl.fi
Coronavirus vaccines are not given to children under the age of 5.
Coronavirus vaccination event on 28th January at Pick N Pay
Rauma healthcare services arranges Coronavirus vaccination event on Friday 28th January from 8.30 AM to 6 PM at Pick N Pay on Sahankatu 2. All doses of the vaccine without appointments are available on event. Children aged 5-11 -years-old can not have vaccination on this event.
If you have had Coronavirus vaccines earlier dose or doses elsewhere than Rauma healthcare services, please take your EU Digital COVID Certificate along when you arrive to event.
All doses of the Covid-vaccine without appointments at department T0 for all those aged 18 or over
From 31 of January all doses of the Covid-vaccine are available without appointments at department T0.
- Wednesday 26 January from 12 AM to 3 PM
- Thursday 27 January from 12 AM to 3 PM
- Monday 31 January from 12 AM to 7 PM
- Tuesday 1 February from 12 AM to 3 PM
- Wednesday 2 February from 12 AM to 3 PM
- Thursday 3 February from 12 AM to 3 PM
Second and third doses are given according to the times given before. If you want to arrive without appointment, please remember to call off your appointment.
Please also make sure that the first and second dose has been received long enough ago. The vaccine will not be given if the time between doses is not long enough.
Vaccinations are given at Steniuksenkatu 2, department T0.
Third vaccinations also by appointments for all those aged 18 or over
The appointments can made by calling +358 44 403 2687 on Friday 28 January from 8.30 AM to 1 PM.
Third vaccine appointments are available at online a rauma.terveytesi.fi. Online appointments require secure authentification. The system does not support Internet Explorer -browser.
The vaccinations are given at Steniuksenkatu 2, department T0.
Who are third vaccine doses given to?
At the moment Finnish institute of health and welfare does not recommend the third dose of vaccine for those who have had COVID-19 confirmed by a PCR test unless person has severe immunodeficiency.
THL recommends a third dose of coronavirus vaccine for
- persons with severe immunodeficiency and aged 12 or over
- persons who have been vaccinated with a short interval of less than 6 weeks and are aged 18 or over
- all persons aged 60 and over
- persons living in institutions and care homes and aged 18 or over
- persons in medical high-risk groups 1 and 2 and aged 18 or over
- health care personnel who treat coronavirus patients, personnel of 24-hour care facilities and other social welfare and health care personnel providing urgent care
THL also recommends that the third dose of the coronavirus vaccine be offered to everyone aged 18 and over.
For those with severe immune deficiencies, a third dose is recommended when at least 2 months have passed from the second dose. For those aged 60 years and over and those in at-risk groups, a third vaccine dose can be administered when 3–4 months have passed from the second vaccination. For those under the age of 60, who are not part of an at-risk group, a third vaccine dose can be offered 4–6 months from the second dose.
Vaccinations for children 12 to 15 years of age
Before children 12 to 15 years of age can go to vaccination event they must take contact to their school nurse. After taking contact to school nurse they can go to vaccination events at Steniuksenkatu, department T0.
All vaccinations are given at Steniuksenkatu 2, department T0.
Arriving department T0
Vaccinations are given at the bottom floor in department T0, which is accessed from the lower door at the Kaunisjärvenkatu side. When arriving to the appointment please follow the signs for Covid-testing.
Notes for making the appointment
- Before calling, make sure you belong to the group being vaccinated now.
- Only the person who’s social security number is listed on the booking will receive the vaccination.
- When making the appointments it should be taken into consideration that the second vaccination is given 6 weeks after the first one. If the person vaccinated has had Covid, the vaccination will be given six months after.