The Covid-vaccines are available without appointments at department T0, Steniuksenkatu 2.
It is possible to receive all five doses from the vaccination events if the recipient is entitled to those.
People must make sure themselves that they have long enough gaps between doses and that they know what group of people they belong to.
On week 31 vaccinations are given
- on Tuesday 2 th of August from 9 AM to 4 PM
- on Wednesday 3 th of August from 9 AM to 6 PM
- on Thursday 4 th of August from 9 AM to 4 PM
From week 32 vaccinations are given
- on Mondays from 9 AM to 4 PM
- on Tuesdays from 9 AM to 6 PM
- on Wednesdays from 9 AM to 4 PM
- on Thursdays from 9 AM to 6 PM
People over 60 can book an appointment for the fourth dose online from rauma.terveytesi.fi.
Appointments can also be inquired by calling +358 44 403 2625 from 8 AM to noon from Monday to Thursday.
Vaccinations are also given without appointments, but then attendees must be prepared to wait in line.
Please note that all appointments that have been made earlier are still valid.
Please also make sure that the period between the doses is long enough. The vaccine will not be given if the time between doses is not long enough.
People who have received three vaccinations doses and have had Covid do not need the fourth dose because the contracted disease corresponds to one vaccine dose.
If the person receiving the vaccine has had their previous doses elsewhere than Rauma, they should bring some sort of proof of vaccination with them.
Who are third Covid-vaccine doses given to?
At the moment Finnish institute of health and welfare does not recommend the third dose of vaccine for those who have had Covid-19 confirmed by a PCR test unless person has severe immunodeficiency.
THL recommends a third dose of coronavirus vaccine for
- persons aged 12 or over with severe immunodeficiency or they belong to medical high-risk groups 1 and 2. List of medical at-risk groups, thl.fi. A third vaccine dose may also be administered to other people aged 12−17 if this is necessary for a specific reason, for example for a vaccination certificate.
- persons who have been vaccinated with a short interval of less than 6 weeks and are aged 18 or over
- all persons aged 60 and over
- persons living in institutions and care homes and aged 18 or over
- persons in medical high-risk groups 1 and 2 and aged 18 or over
- health care personnel who treat coronavirus patients, personnel of 24-hour care facilities and other social welfare and health care personnel providing urgent care.
THL also recommends that the third dose of the coronavirus vaccine be offered to everyone aged 18 and over.
- For persons with a severely weakened immune defence, a third dose is recommended when at least 2 months have passed from the second dose.
- For persons aged 60 and over and persons in at-risk groups and over 18 years of age, a third dose can be administered when 3–4 months have passed from the second dose.
- For persons under the age of 60, who do not belong to an at-risk group, a third dose can be administered when 4–6 months have passed from the second dose.
- The third vaccine dose can be administered to 12-17-year-olds when at least six months have passed since the second dose.
Who are fourth Covid-vaccine doses given to?
THL recommends that a fourth dose of Covid-vaccine is given in stages to new groups of people. The groups in order are:
- 70 to 79 year olds that are not in risk groups
- 18 to 69 year old that are in risk group
- 60 to 69 year old that are not in risk groups
Fourth dose can be administered when a minimum of three months has elapsed from the third dose.
Rauma Health care services have started to give the fourth dose of Covid-vaccines for persons living in care homes for the elderly and persons aged 80 or over.
Persons living in care homes for the elderly will get their fourth dose at the care home. Also persons aged 80 or over who are clients in other elderly services can get their fourth dose via service.
To whom a fifth dose of COVID-19 vaccine is recommended?
THL recommends a fifth dose of COVID-19 vaccine
The booster dose can be administered four to six months after the fourth dose. The coronavirus infection also corresponds to one vaccine dose for those with immunodeficiencies, so a person who has had the disease and has received four vaccine doses does not need a fifth vaccine dose at this stage.
The risk of serious disease is particularly high for those with severe immune deficiencies.
According to the preliminary research results of THL, the amount of antibodies in severely immunodeficient people after the fourth vaccine dose is on average one third of the vaccine response of healthy adults after three doses. Vaccine responses of severely immunodeficient people vary, as the severity of the immunodeficiency affects the level of the response.
Covid-vaccinations for children aged 5 to 11 years
Covid-vaccine is offered to children aged 5−11 years. Children’s vaccinations are given at Child health clinic of Nortamo Family Center, Nortamonkatu 30.
The appointments for children can made by calling +358 44 403 2001 on Mondays from 11.30 AM to 12.30 PM.
Children’s guardians must give written permission for the vaccination. On written permission have to be children’s name and personal identity code and also signatures of all guardians. Finnish institute for health and welfare’s form is recommended. Form is on THL’s website, thl.fi
Coronavirus vaccines are not given to children under the age of 5.
Covid-vaccinations for children aged 12 to 15 years
Before children 12 to 15 years of age can go to vaccination event or appointment they must take contact to their school nurse. After taking contact to school nurse they can go to vaccination events at Steniuksenkatu 2, department T0.
Children’s covid-vaccinations are given at Nortamo Family Center, Nortamonkatu 30.
All other covid-vaccinations are given at Steniuksenkatu 2, department T0.
Arriving department T0
Vaccinations are given at the bottom floor in department T0, which is accessed from the lower door at the Kaunisjärvenkatu side. When arriving to the appointment please follow the signs for Covid-testing.